Thursday, July 11, 2013

Do different cell phones get better signal?

Question by hewhosleepsatnight2006: Do different cell phones get better signal?
I just moved, and my cell phone gets very poor signal and I'm not sure if different cell phones get better signal.

I've got a Samsung SCH-A850, It's pretty old, and Verizon is my service provider, I would like to stay with Verizon.


Best answer:

Answer by lion_sim_bob
A different cell phone won't give you better service. It's all about the carrier you're using. Even on different service providers, some places are just not cell-phone friendly. Have you contacted Verizon about this?



What do you think? Answer below!

4 comments:

  1. all I know is that Verizon picks up way better than cingular and I think verizon is one of the best, but most expensive too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes tht can happen!!! i hve verizon 2!!! i hve thte pink razr and my parents hve Treos!! wen we went on a trip they had service on thr fones and i had none!!! u shood jst get a new fone!! !! !! !! !! !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well the carriers don't want people to know that certain cell phones get better signal than others, it's stupid that they do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not the quality of the phone it's your signal. You may want to call verizon and see how there coverage is in your area. The towers that are near you may be a cingular tower virses a verizon tower. So if i were you I wouold just give them a call an see how they can help you. You may have to end up changing carries depending on how much you use the phone. They will let you know once you give them a call. Who knows you might get lucky and they may be in the processes of adding a tower in the area where you live. So that would be a good question to ask them once you give them a call.

    ReplyDelete