Monday, June 10, 2013

where can I purchase a cell phone without having to sign a 2 year contract?

Question by terrpalo@sbcglobal.net: where can I purchase a cell phone without having to sign a 2 year contract?
I need to purchase a cell phone, but I don't want to be commited to a contract for 2 years. I already have my own cell phone, I want to purchase a cell phone for my granddaughter and have her mom put it on her service.


Best answer:

Answer by u r dumb
You can purchase a phone at retail cost ...Once you do that the providers will let you go on a monthly .The reason why they ask for contracts is the fatc that you are not paying the actual cost of the cell phone



What do you think? Answer below!

5 comments:

  1. ebay.
    Determine which cell phone carrier you want.
    Call that carrier and ask them abou their "pay as you go" or prepaid plans.

    Go to ebay.
    Buy a cell phone for that carrier.

    then all you have to do it call that carrier with the cell phone id (once you receive the phone), and they will give you a phone number . Then go to a convenience store and buy 25 dollars worth of phone time for that carrier.

    Easy. ! Worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T-mobile offers a Take-control plan that is pay-as-you-go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would contact T-Mobile to see what they say. Depending upon the cell phone purchased you may only have to sign a one year contract. It may be cheaper to have the phone service as a seperate plan rather than having it on her mom's plan. Have you (or your granddaughter's mom) checked with the service that the mom has? Maybe they have a good plan. Sometimes you can negotiate contract time periods. Maybe her mom wants to change carriers. Some carriers will give you a discount to cover the fact that you broke the other carriers contract.

    ReplyDelete
  4. online places like Ebay, you can find new or used phones and most don't require contracts

    ReplyDelete